Sunday, May 1, 2011

Color Study: Yellow


Title: School Bus Date/Time: 4/30/11 6:00 PM Location: Rexburg
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 7.1 & 1/200 Camera: Nikon D40

I think that a school bus is the classic epitome of yellow, however I wanted something more interesting than just a straight picture of a bus. So the result is this angle taken from the back of the bus with my camera on auto setting. 



Title: Cat Date/Time: 4/30/11 6:00 PM Location: Rexburg
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 5.6 & 1/80 Camera: Nikon D40

With this picture I wanted to have a close up on part of the yellow Cat tractor thing. I thought this was a good way to focus on the color and not just the big picture. I believe the camera was on auto.


Title: Flowers Date/Time: 4/30/11 9:00 PM Location: Rexburg
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 5 & 1/40 Camera: Nikon D40

This picture was taken at night inside of my apartment. We have some daylight light bulbs in our lamp that I angled right above the flowers so I had adequate lighting. I put the camera on the flower setting.



Title: Popcorn Date/Time: 4/30/11 8:00 PM Location: Rexburg
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 4 & 1/30 Camera: Nikon D40

I took this picture of our popcorn at Wingers with the camera on the no flash mode. We ate all of the white kernels off of the top to bring out more of the yellow color.



Title: Balloon Date/Time: 5/1/11 8:00 PM Location: Rexburg
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 22 & 1/25 Camera: Nikon D40

For this picture I had my husband hold the yellow ballon. I put the camera on aperture priority with a small aperture so that you can see all the things going on at the park. 



Title: Sunshine Date/Time: 4/30/11 8:00 PM Location: Rexburg
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 5.6 & 1/2000 Camera: Nikon D40

The sun was such a pretty yellow but whenever I tried to focus directly on it the picture didn't look so great. I liked the way the sun looked behind the trees so I set the camera on aperture priority with a large aperture to get the color blurred. It brought out the yellow really nicely I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home