Sunday, May 1, 2011

Blend and Type


Title: Barn Date/Time: 4/30/11 5:00 PM Location: Rexburg/ Sugar City
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 5.6 & 1/500 Camera: Nikon D40

Title: Sidewalk Date/Time: 5/1/11 8:00 PM Location: Rexburg
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 7.1 & 1/30 Camera: Nikon D40

I love the country and it's easy to get old country pictures around here so I decided to focus on that. I also like the antique look so I used my sidewalk texture to  add some antique grunge. I put a sepia photo filter on the barn image to start with. When I added the sidewalk texture I used the soft light blending mode. Then I used the marquee to draw around the edges of the image. I added some feather and painted the selection with black paint to make my edges darker. Finally I added the quote about the country using a color I selected off the barn and added an outer glow to make it pop a little more.




Title: X wing Date/Time: 4/30/11 7:00 PM Location: Rexburg
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 8 & 1/250 Camera: Nikon D40

My husband and I chanced upon this x-wing fighter one day and thought it was pretty sweet. Since it is the space ship of choice for the rebel alliance in Star Wars I used the quote, "may the force be with you" as my focus. I also added text layers repeating the phrase along with the title of the episodes from the original trilogy. I used layer masks on each text layer to blend the words in and out of the background. I also cropped the image to make it look  more like the x-wing is flying. 

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Sarah, I love the texture that you used on your first blend. It looks great. It really makes your barn shot look antique. The burn you added around the outside really helps a lot too.

May 2, 2011 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Ina family said...

I love the country blend, it is very cool and I love how the texture makes it feel ancient. I also like the airplane bland and how you related the saying to it. Very good job.

May 3, 2011 at 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home