Sunday, May 8, 2011

Flora and Fauna


Title: Daffodil Date/Time: 5/7/11 4:00 PM Location: Rexburg
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 3.5 & 1/4000 Camera: Nikon D40

This is my dad's favorite flower so I took pictures of them to send to him. I used the aperture priority and set it to a large aperture because I really love bokeh in flower pictures. 

Title: Elk Date/Time: 5/7/11 4:00 PM Location: Sugar City
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 10 & 1/320 Camera: Nikon D40

All the elk were staring at me so I was a little scared they were going to get mad and charge or something so I was a little rushed as I took these. They weren't super close to me so I set my camera on the landscape mode.

Title: Leaves Date/Time: 5/7/11 4:00 PM Location: Rexburg
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 5.6 & 1/800 Camera: Nikon D40

I set my camera on a large aperture to get a lot of blur in this picture. I also zoomed in really close to get the detail on the one little branch that I focused on. I adjusted the levels in photoshop.







Title: Chickens Date/Time: 5/7/11 7:00 PM Location: Victor
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 5.6 & 1/60 Camera: Nikon D40

I loved how this picture turned out. It was pretty dark inside the chicken coup so I couldn't get my settings just right and in the end just used auto but I was really happy how I was able to focus on the closer chicken right as they both looked at me. 

Title: Purple Date/Time: 5/7/11 4:00 PM Location: Rexburg
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 4.8 & 1/100 Camera: Nikon D40

With this picture I was really trying to get the top and bottom of the plant on the two-thirds lines. I had the camera on aperture priority so that if focused just on a few flowers and made the rest blurry. 


Title: Downed Flower Date/Time: 5/7/11 4:00 PM Location: Rexburg
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 5.6 & 1/4000 Camera: Nikon D40

I wanted a different view of a flower than normal and straight on. I figured the flower facing down was a little different perspective. Again I used a large aperture to get a blurry background. 

Title: Pup Date/Time: 5/7/11 7:00 PM Location: Victor
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 4.2 & 1/60 Camera: Nikon D40

This little puppy has the cutest blue eyes I've ever seen. There were three little puppies that I was photographing and they just looked so cute huddled up together trying to keep warm. This one was the cutest but I  just use auto settings and adjusted the levels in photoshop.


Title: Horse Date/Time: 5/7/11 7:00 PM Location: Victor
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 4.2 & 1/30 Camera: Nikon D40

This is actually a show horse but he wasn't dressed up or anything and it was raining when I took the picture. I think I had the camera on shutter priority so that I could have a long enough exposure.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home