Monday, May 16, 2011

Panorama









Title:  Panoramic Date/Time: 5/10/11 8:00 PM Location: Rexburg
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 9 & 1/125 Camera: Nikon D40

I took several overlapping pictures of this seen and used the automated photomerge in PhotoShop to blend them together. Once they were blended I adjusted the levels to make the foreground darker. I masked out the effect on the top and added an adjustment layer to lighten the levels on the top and masked out the effect in the foreground. Next I brought the image into Camera Raw for some more edits. I used an adjustment brush to add more color in the sky. I painted in blue, pink and yellow to make it more exciting. Lastly I used another adjustment brush to bring out the color of the grass in the foreground. 

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the way you captured the sunset without it being the only thing in the picture. The way the silos silhouettes are framed by the use of background light is really nice. Also the colors are very beautiful you did a good job adding more color and depth in the image.

May 17, 2011 at 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katrina, I thought your camera raw picture was done really well. I love how you can save images through camera raw. I like how the green is a strong forest green with the grey water, it makes it look mysteries. Your panoramic image was really bright with rich colors and it looked really natural. The clouds give a great contrast with the deep blue sky and I find that very interesting.

May 17, 2011 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Brandon Garside said...

Sarah, that panorama is outstanding. That is what I was trying to do when I took photos for my pano but never got that "look" that you achieved. Great job. I LOVE the colors in the sky. The colors blend so well with each other. You did a great job editing it. I love the sunlight peaking behind the cylos! Just beautiful! Nuff said.

May 17, 2011 at 5:46 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey said...

This panorama is awesome. I love the repetition of the buildings as they fade into the distance. I also really like how soft the sky looks. The photo also has a great range of values from the bright center sky to the darker borders. Great lines and good eye. Nice work.

May 18, 2011 at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home