Monday, June 13, 2011

Night and Light

Title: Blurred Lights Date/Time: 6/10/11 11:00 PM Location: Rexburg 
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 36 & 30 Camera: Nikon D40 
I decided to go to the top of the stadium and point my camera down towards the intersection to get some of the cars passing by. I set the shutter to 30 seconds and compensated the exposure for the added light from the parking lot. I took the shot a few times but I liked how a lot of the lines in this picture were strong because everyone seemed to be going north or west. 
Title: Light Graffiti Date/Time: 6/10/11 12:00 PM Location: Rexburg
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 11 & 30 Camera: Nikon D40 
For this picture I put the shutter on 30 seconds and while it was open I outlined the A as many times as I could using a laser. I also flashed the scene quickly with a flashlight but it wasn't as light as I wanted so I also adjusted the levels in Photoshop to bring back the graffiti on the train. 
Title: Camera Motion Date/Time: 6/10/11 11:00 PM Location: Rexburg
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 29 & 20 Camera: Nikon D40 
I loved how this shot turned out. I decided I would put my camera on the tripod in my lap as my husband drove us down main street. The car moved the camera and bumped up and down a little bit on the road to get the effect I wanted while the shutter was open for 20 seconds. 
Title: Light Painting Date/Time: 6/10/11 12:00 PM Location: Rexburg
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 8 & 30 Camera: Nikon D40 
To get this picture I set my camera on a 30 second shutter while I flashed my flashlight all over the train. I tried to focus a lot on the part of the train closest to me because it was the farthest away from the present light. Traffic from the road added the light on the back end of the train. I also had my husband flash the laser along the track to add some definition there. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home