Monday, June 20, 2011

Posters

Before
After

















Title: Blue Crayon 24X18 Date/Time: 6/4/11 4:00 PM Location: Spori 
F-stop & Shutter Speed: ? Camera: EPSON sRGB  
Edits: When I put the picture in Photoshop I adjusted the levels to make the background darker and then added vibrancy to bring out the blue. There were some specs on the scanner that were visible in my picture so I used a black paintbrush to get rid of them. When I printed my 8X10 I could see the lines so I had to go back in and just paint the entire background a solid black.
Process: To get this shot I just threw some ribbon on a scanner and then put the crayon in place to make it look like it had drawn the ribbon. I chose this picture because it is one that I would hang in my home. I thought it was a cute idea for a baby room. I like the contrast of colors and simple design.

Title: Eternal Marriage 36X12 Date/Time: 5/14/11 1:30 PM Location: Salt Lake City
F-stop & Shutter Speed: 7.1 & 1/200 Camera: Nikon D40
Edits: The first thing I did was to use the auto merge option in Photoshop to make the panoramic picture. Next I adjusted the levels to add a little more contrast. Then I took the image into Camera Raw and painted blue on the sky and some light on the front of the temple. There were a few people in front of the temple that I had to get rid of using the spot removal and clone tools. I ran the picture through dynamic photo HDR to bring out some details in the sky and saturate the colors more. When I looked at the picture up close after all those edits I found that the sky was really pixelated. To fix this I used smart filters to add a palette knife filter over the sky only and then added a Gaussian blur on top of that as well.
Process: I took six pictures of the temple going from the top spire all the way down to the reflection to the spire and then merged them together in Photoshop. I drove down to Salt Lake specifically to take this picture of where my parents were married. I tried several different kinds of light and saturation but I tried to keep it like something my parents would like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home